Are you a committed Chronic Disease Registered Nurse looking for a change & ready to step into a new position on a beautiful Island in Tasmania?Curis Recruitment is currently working with a fantastic health and well-being organisation to help find them their next outstanding Chronic Disease Registered Nurse to join their growing team and work within their chronic disease management program. This program consists of a hierarchy of interventions, from the least to the most intensive, matched to the individual’s needs.
This position is well suited to you if you have strong experience in chronic disease management including: Mental Illness (child, adolescent, adult), Cancer, Circulatory Disease including CVD, Respiratory Disease including COPD, Musculoskeletal conditions and injury.
- Permanent role
- Work 4 days a week, no weekends!
- Work on the islands largest town, set on a scenic harbour with amazing views of the vast Southern Ocean
- Excellent career opportunity
- Offering an hourly rate of up to $46.27
- Subsidized accommodation provided
- Vehicle provided
- Relocation assistance can be discussed
You will be working for an organisation that offers free health services across the North West and West of Tasmania. Our client was developed as a means to responding to unmet health and well-being needs of the community.
As the Registered Nurse – Care Coordinator you will be based in the office but will also attend clients homes from time to time. Some of the key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Improve, promote and increase access to health checks and screening and healthy lifestyle programs.
- Improve coordination of care for high risk populations and reduce the number of preventable hospitalisations associated with these conditions.
- Reduce severity of symptoms in those people already affected and/or presenting with mental illness.
- Liaising with both internal and external service providers and staff and actively contribute and participate in team meetings.
- Active involvement in maintaining and continually improving the quality of service provision.
- Maintain knowledge of innovations in clinical practice and research, and maintain and develop professional knowledge and skills through participation in continuing professional development programs and annual training requirements.
- Participate in the development and implementation of health promotion activities in collaboration with key stakeholders both internal and external to the organisation.
You will be working in a beautiful remote island in the Bass Strait of Tasmania. The island lies off the north-west coast of Tasmania, surrounded by a rugged coastline with fresh seafood, famously good produce and some of the cleanest air in the world.
It’s quiet and easy going here, but there’s something interesting at every turn – from a lighthouse and offshore shipwrecks – to the island’s great nature walks and unique wildlife.
To be eligible for this position you must have:
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and/or Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
- Minimum of 2 years experience caring for patients and families of patients affected by chronic conditions including: cancer, circulatory disease including CVD, respiratory disease including COPD, musculoskeletal conditions and injury, and mental illness.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Be a team player, have a professional attitude and be empathetic.
- Current Registration to Work with Vulnerable People.
If you’re ready for the next step in your career and want to join a fantastic supportive team, then this may be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
To receive a copy of the job description or find out further information please email a copy of your CV to [email protected] and I will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the position further. Alternatively please call 02 9188 3989 to find out more.
Don’t miss the chance to work in a supportive environment! Apply Now.