Are you a Social Worker or Psychologist bored in your job and looking for an adventure in the NT ?????Curis Recruitment is proud to partner with this fantastic aboriginal health service in the Northern Territory to find them an experienced Social Worker or Psychologist to join the Social and Emotional Wellbeing team.
This role is perfect for you if you love adventure, love working in remote areas, want to make a difference to a community in need AND all while earning fantastic money and paying no rent!
- Permanent full time position
- Accommodation provided on site
- Vehicle access provided during work hours and for rostered days off
- Return flights provided
- Salary of between $75,000 and $85,000 depending on experience and qualifications
As the Social and Emotional Wellbeing Social Worker or Psychologist you will work as a member of the SEWB program team which includes psychologists, community support workers, social workers and a Registered Nurse. As a team you will provide social and emotional wellbeing services to community members. At times you will work under the supervision of the Medical Officer and/or the Clinic Manager. At other times you will be required to work with limited assistance. You will be required to travel by 4WD vehicle to provide services to remote outstations.
As part of your position you will plan, implement and evaluate local wellbeing and support programs and help to embed good social and emotional wellbeing practices into the community.
To be eligible for this position you must:
- Have experience in, and a commitment to, community development.
- Understanding of vicarious trauma, including self-care
- Familiarity of working in a remote community or setting where flexibility and extensive travel is required.
- Demonstrated case management experience with families and children.
- Demonstrated ability to develop good working relationships across a range of sectors and in a variety of settings.
- An understanding of the Social And Emotional Wellbeing Framework
- Current AASW/AHPRA registration
- Current Drivers Licence with the ability to drive a manual vehicle
If you would like to receive the full job description or to apply please forward your CV to [email protected] and a consultant will be in touch within 24 hours. Alternatively please call us on 02 9188 3989 to discuss the position further.