Fantastic Monday to Friday clinic role based in Queensland for a Primary Health Registered Nurse
- Permanent full time position, 38 hours per week Monday to Friday only
- ASAP start (within the next month would be accepted)
- Salary of up to $75,000 per annum
- Monday to Friday role only NO weekends or shift work!
- Based in the Clinic however at times may be required to travel to other sites within the area
As the Registered Nurse at this clinic you will be responsible for specialist community ad primary health nursing services that focus on the prevention, early detection, and management of health problems for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. The positions will be required to ensure effective screening, service delivery and administration practices in accordance with the approved Model of Care, under limited supervision.
Some of the Key Duties of your position will be:
- Provide testing, treatment and care under the direction of the GP including routine immunization, wound care, administration of prescribed medications, testing and monitoring procedures such as ECG, spirometry, BSL measurement, urinalysis, point-of-care testing, Hb, HBA1c, ACR etc, and other activities within the recognized scope of practice
- Store, prepare and administer medication in accordance with organizational policy, protocol and relevant legislation
- Initiate GPMP’s, TCA’s and their reviews, performing history, examination and relevant monitoring procedures and collating required information for GP completion
- Undertake Indigenous Health assessments
- Provide follow up monitoring and care as directed through health assessments and care plans and coordinating with other relevant internal, external and visiting providers
- Undertake assigned recall activity; including check list names, check eligibility, make calls, manage and record outcomes in the electronic health record system
- Maximise Medicare Billings/claims through effective and timely Clinic and patient records processes
You will be working for an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community controlled primary health care service, which has been in operation for more than twenty five years. The organisation is a bulk billing community controlled health service, managed by a Board of Directors who oversee and manage the strategic directions of the service.
The organisation provides comprehensive primary health and well-being services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community in the region.
You will be living in a modern Queensland city based in a riverside setting. There is plenty to do on your time off including visiting the zoo, botanic gardens, and some of the best steak houses in Australia!
The city sits at the heart of Australia’s second largest river system making it a wonder for those that love the outdoors and adventure.
Nearby is a stunning national park where you can see views of the city as well as an elevated boardwalk on top of the mountain top.
Easily accessible with direct flights from Brisbane as well as road and rail connections.
To be eligible for this position you must:
- Full AHPRA registration with no restrictions.
- Immunisation Endorsement and experience is preferred
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Demonstrated clinical experience, in particular the ability to implement and support a medical/primary health care team and effectively plan, and coordinate workload to achieve results.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Aboriginal Community Controlled Health services and the issues facing these organisations
- Demonstrated ability to take direction, determine priorities and manage workloads in order to meet agreed timelines and objectives
- Ability to demonstrate good clinical skills and an understanding of the principles of primary health care
- Ability to work with a wide variety of professionals and the public, as part of a team and an ability to liaise and work with local communities and relevant Government and non Government organizations.
- Demonstrated competence in use of Business technology and desktop applications; internet, word, spreadsheet and database packages
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Why work with Curis Recruitment?
We have a proven record of placing nurses into fantastic positions across Australia with some of the best hospitals and health centres.
Our clients know that we only represent the best nurses out there so when you are represented by us you are always shown in the best light and this gives you a foot in the door right at that first step.
Not the right role for you but know someone who would be amazing??? Refer them to us and if we place them YOU are eligible for a $300 gift voucher of your choice! Make sure they mention your name when they apply.
If you would like to receive the full job description or hear about more please contact us on 029188 3989 or at [email protected] A Recruitment Consultant will be in touch within 24 hours.