Are you a committed Mental Health Nurse looking for a sea change and ready to step into a new position in North West Tasmania?Curis Recruitment is currently partnering with a wonderful health and well-being organisation to find them their next amazing Mental Health Nurse to join their growing team!
- Offering $75k to $85k depending on level of experience plus salary sacrifice pro rata
- Permanent part-time
- Picturesque Northwest Tasmania location
- Learn and grow on the job!
- Willing to help to put the successful applicant through a post grad in Mental Health
- Ability to salary sacrifice
- Work vehicle included
- Relocation assistance can be discussed
You will be working for an organisation that offers free health services across the North West and West of Tasmania. The organisation was developed as a means to responding to unmet health and well-being needs of the community. Since then they have expanded their health and well-being services to the Waratah/Wynyard, West Coast, King Island, Ulverstone and Kentish communities.
This position will provide clinical assessment, screening, education, appropriate referral, and support to individuals and groups and undertake early intervention activities and provide support for patients in a non-clinical setting. The role is a community mental health role however most appointments are on site. You will be responsible for taking clients to the GP and other Allied health services e.g. psychologist/psychiatrist appointments and do occasional outreach.
With a primary focus on Mental Illness and comorbidities, some key responsibilities of the role include:
- Improve, promote and increase access to health checks, screening, and assessment
- Improve, promote and increase access to healthy lifestyle programs
- Improve community health literacy information on lifestyle risk factors for mental health
- Improve coordination of care for high-risk populations and reduce the number of preventable hospitalisations associated with complex mental health
You will be working in a beautiful rural town on the north-west coast of Tasmania. The town has a very friendly community feel that tends to capture people with its singular charm. The town lies on a particularly beautiful stretch of Tasmania’s northern coastline.
To be eligible for this position you must have:
- Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) and/or Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia or the ACMHN
- Relevant qualification and experience in a mental health setting or accreditation as a mental health/psychiatric nurse or the ability to obtain accreditation
- Sound understanding and ability to care for patients and families of patients affected by complex and severe mental illness
- Must have a drivers license
If you’re ready for the next step in your career and want to join a fantastic supportive team, then this may be the opportunity you have been waiting for.
To receive a copy of the job description or find out further information please email a copy of your CV to [email protected] and I will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss the position further.
Alternatively please call 02 9188 3989 to find out more.
Don’t miss the chance to work in a supportive environment! Apply Now.
Why work with Curis Recruitment?
We have a proven record of placing nurses into fantastic positions across Australia with some of the best hospitals and health centres.
Our clients know that we only represent the best nurses out there so when you are represented by us you are always shown in the best light and this gives you a foot in the door right at that first step.
Not the right role for you but know someone who would be amazing??? Refer them to us and if we place them YOU are eligible for a $300 gift voucher of your choice! Make sure they mention your name when they apply.