Fantastic opportunity available for a Counsellor to join this fantastic Social and Emotional Wellbeing team in QueenslandCuris Recruitment is proud to partner with this fantastic aboriginal health service in Queensland to help them find a Counsellor to join their Social and Emotional Wellbeing team on a permanent basis.
- ASAP start
- Permanent full time position, working 5 days per week
- Salary of $80,296.84 + Super
As the SEWB Counsellor your role is to facilitate healing and improvements in the wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients, including those who have been affected by past policies and practices of forced removal. This will be achieved through:
- Providing culturally appropriate intake, assessment, crisis intervention, case management, counselling, and education/support services to all Clients.
- Liaising with other team members to ensure the Health Service delivers effective and efficient holistic primary health care that is culturally sensitive and specific to the needs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- Demonstrating high levels of professionalism and integrity, being an innovative thinker and applying high moral and ethical standards to ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- The service works closely with other agencies such as the Link up Program.
You will be working for an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community controlled primary health care service, which has been in operation for more than twenty five years. The organisation is a bulk billing community controlled health service, managed by a Board of Directors who oversee and manage the strategic directions of the service.
The organisation provides comprehensive primary health and well-being services to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community in the region.
You will be living in a modern Queensland city based in a riverside setting.
There is plenty to do on your time off including visiting the zoo, botanic gardens, and some of the best steak houses in Australia!
The city sits at the heart of Australia’s second largest river system making it a wonder for those that love the outdoors and adventure.
Nearby is a stunning national park where you can see views of the city as well as an elevated boardwalk on top of the mountain top.
Easily accessible with direct flights from Brisbane as well as road and rail connections.
To be eligible for this position you must:
Key Selection Criteria:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in any of the following disciplines counselling, psychology, social work, mental health or related area.
- Registration with External Certifying Body – Member of Australian Counselling Association.
- Demonstrated counselling skills with experience and knowledge of social, emotional and mental health issues which may include culturally appropriate healing methods and trauma and grief counselling skills.
If you would like to receive the full job description or hear about more please contact us on 029188 3989 or at [email protected] A Recruitment Consultant will be in touch within 24 hours.