Fantastic position for an experienced Mental Health Clinician to join this aboriginal health service as a Family Healing Service ManagerAre you a Registered Nurse, Clinical Psychologist or Accredited Mental Health Social Worker wanting to move to beautiful Queensland?
Here is your chance to have an amazing lifestyle, living and working near Cairns for this fantastic aboriginal health service.
- Permanent full time position
- Start ASAP (within the next 4 weeks is accepted)
As the Family Healing Service Manager your role is accountable for providing clinical direction, governance, quality and operational management of the organisations mental health healing and family wellbeing service and programs, along with carrying a small clinical case load of adults and children. The position reports to the Director of Operation and works closely with the Senior Medical Officer on specific clinical matters.
The position provides professional expertise to the team members in the delivery of highly complex mental health psychological therapies/ family (including child and youth) wellbeing therapies and family clinical practice /Social and Emotional Well Being interventions in which the team engages with clients and the community.
The position is concerned with instilling confidence and competence in the type, method and quality of Psychological Interventions, family therapeutic interventions provided by team members to clients consistent with the Model(s) of Care and primary health care principles.
You will be living near a modern and bright city, which is considered to be the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rain-forest. Its fantastic Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park tells the stories of Indigenous Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islander people with music and dance. Cairns Esplanade is lined with bars and restaurants and even has its own swimming lagoon. You can choose to immerse yourself in culture, explore the mountainous rainforest, snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef or simply relax on a stunning beach.
To be eligible for this position you must:
- Demonstrated high level, Mental Health, Family WellBeing knowledge and psychological therapies practice skills within an Aboriginal Community Controlled health service and or mental health care/ family wellbeing setting.
- Demonstrated high level understanding of how Trauma Informed practice embeds into the psychological therapies.
- Demonstrated experience of working with:
- Children, Adults and Families with mental health needs
- Child and Youth Safety
- Case Management of complex cases
- Any one of the Psychological Therapies allowable under Medicare (please note: if you are successfully short listed you may be asked to do a presentation on your nominated therapeutic intervention).
If you are keen to apply or find out more please email us at [email protected] or call us on 029188 3989 and a consultant will be in touch within 24 hours to chat to you further about the position.Don’t miss this chance of a lifetime to live a fantastic life while really helping this community with their healthcare.
Why work with Curis Recruitment?
We have a proven record of placing nurses into fantastic positions across Australia with some of the best hospitals and health centres.
Our clients know that we only represent the best nurses out there so when you are represented by us you are always shown in the best light and this gives you a foot in the door right at that first step.
Not the right role for you but know someone who would be amazing??? Refer them to us and if we place them YOU are eligible for a $300 gift voucher of your choice! Make sure they mention your name when they apply.